Thursday 28 January 2010

A quilt for a Hero


This is my BQL January challenge completed. What ever the rights and wrongs of the political situation a fact remains that there are men and women being wounded every day and their lives will never be the same again. I can do very little about that, but I can quilt.
This is a quilt made from old shirt fabric donated by members of Rugby Model Engineering Society. Easy piecing from 3 x 6 1/2 inch strips just like last months quilt for Katy, I did however, when it came to trimming this quilt have a vague recollection of having starched the strips before I started the other one and it certainly would have helped stabalise these recycled fabrics. A donated backing and wadding meant I was unable to complete it in a conventional way but overall I am quite happy with it, I hope it will be enjoyed by whoever it is given to.

I have also been working on a couple of Christmas projects which has confused a couple of ladies at my quilt group, am I well organised and well ahead of the game or very much too late! Only I know the answer :-) Pictures when they are done but no promises as to when that will be!
Till next time Liz

4 comments:

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Looks great...I'm sure someone will really appreciate having a quilt like that! Good job!

Liz said...

Thank you Jane.

Contented Caroline said...

Hi Liz,
I love this quilt and have pondered making a quilt for heroes myself and would like to make one just like yours - do you think you could let me have simple instructions or where you got the pattern from please.

Sarah said...

I can't agree more - we should be thinking about the people out there and not focus of how why they've ended up there.
What a great quilt.