Wednesday 16 February 2011

A BIG purchase and a lot of thread later



In December I had a very large delivery, actually in seven parts. I tracked them from Des Moines to the edge of American air space then they vanished into thin air till they landed at Heathrow then they vanished again emerging in Nuneaton of all places.

Delivery man "What exactly is a professional quilting system?"

Me "A big sewing machine!"

When I explained about the bulk of a layered quilt and the size of the average sewing machine throat he absolutely got it! Great guy.

It took some time to unpack to boxes, read the inch thick set up manual and 3 hours later ..........Ta da

This is my new machine (before the bars were put on) that has completely taken over my sewing room. My DSM is homeless for the time being untill I get sorted.


I love it. These are the first practice pieces that are fit to be seen.
A floral all over pattern which I might make into a bag.





A bit of meander, Vermachelli whatever you like to call it, I quite like it, my first quilt may be a soldier quilt done with this.
Another design I quite like, mussel shell or 1-2 -3 filler


I am off to load another practice quilt and play some more.

Bye for now.

Liz




4 comments:

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Looks like you've got a good handle on it! Love your meandering quilting...very evenly spaced.

Liz said...

Thanks Jane, I have just tried on my DSM as it is back from a service and I am pants, totally lost it. Mitigating circumstances I am still in a state of shock from the estimated bill from the garage this morning,OMG.

Nik said...

A photo at last!!! Love the floral one especially. FUN, FUN, FUN!!

Lynda said...

Your quilting is absolutely fabulous! So even! I can see the a wholecloth quilt coming on!