Wednesday 1 February 2012

Two finished in January

Two, yes 2 finished!
This is my scrappy bargello for Flutterwheels. I whapped a honking great vermichelli all over with red Aurifill thread as an exercise in scale. The quilt didn't really need anything more complex. This was made mostly from Linus fabrics and a few group swaps with some of my own leftovers so quite a mix. Mr Chaos quite likes it, I had to make it clear that this was not a keeper. I am glad to have done it and finished it in plenty of time as I had set myself a challenge to complete more charity quilts this year. I am reluctant to say one a month but lets see.
This quilt is for Holly to take to Kenya later this year. I did CC's in the corners and fiddled about towards the center which is where my lack of experience really shows. I did piano keys in the border. Hopefully a child in Africa will like it.
Next up on the frame is another quilt for Holly where I will be playing with a panto again. Haven't done that for a while.
Till next time
Liz

4 comments:

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Your Bargello looks fab and the quilting is perfect! Well Done!

Nik said...

Love the colours on your bargello. Is that your feet in the photo?

Shirley said...

Phew Liz, well done on the two finishes. I am sure some child will be delighted with the quilt.

Lynda said...

The bargello is fab - strange that men sem to be attracted to the quilts which aren't keepers!