Thursday 29 March 2012

A whole lot of quilting going on

I don't need a crystal ball to know that my friends will all be binding this weekend
This is Carolines first quilt, a very personal gift for a friend
 Tricky triangles in Oakshot fabric were not the easiest but the end result is worth the ache.
I made my own  stencil but would have liked the hearts to have been less wobbly

Hilary made a log cabin bed runner for a friend and asked for flowers in the quilting.
 This seemed to fit the bill with a lovely YLI varigated thread.
 This is for Holly. Lovely spring colours I think it is destined for a gift when she goes to Africa later in the year.
 Here is the back. Quite a dense quilting pattern. I learnt to be careful not to scooch the panto when advancing the quilt.
 These bags are also going to Africa details can be found here
 http://www.daysforgirls.org/

This is the only quilt top of this batch thatI have made, it  to donate to Quilts for Injured Soldiers. I made it from only 3 shirts but now have to find something suitable for binding. This is my February charity quilt clearly very late, March may get done tomorrow and just scrape through.



Till next time
Liz


2 comments:

Sew Create It - Jane said...

WOW you have been busy! Love the quilt you've made for Heroes...beautiful!

Liz said...

You learn something on every quilt you do!