Friday 17 May 2013

Not much stitching going on..

 But I did make this bag
that is actually a folder cover for my script. It is zippered on 3 sides (with one zip and two heads that can meet in the middle, if that makes sense) to keep everything together. I think at some point in the future I will replace the handles, but it is very useful
I am doing props for Rugby Theatre production of Whistle down the Wind  to be staged  from the 8th to the 15th of June.

I have recently completed this big quilt for Gill and yesterday took a trip to Malvern with Paddox Patchworkers and others. Although I didn't make a huge dent in my purse (unlike some of my fellow quilters who returned to the coach with bulging bags) I was thrilled to find some white fabric, an exact match, to complete my Ciggy quilt, a long standing UFO and I bought a flying geese ruler to make units for Flutterwheels challenge that I am really enjoying at the moment, I saw a shop that can supply more american civil war type fabric so I will be able to add to the stash for that project. Yey   
There are some really great quilts on display, several I could find room for on my walls but I can't share the many  pictures I took as it is not permitted. Sorry.
Till next time
Liz
 

2 comments:

Lynda said...

Whoops! I've shared my pictures. I thought it was forbidden 'for commercial purposes' and since I don't have any advertising on my blog, I thought it was OK. I could see a demand for script-carrying bags!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

I can't believe you finally found that fabric! That's great news!!!