So the next modification I made was to the bottom edge of the sides, I made a little seam 4 stitches long at the bottom of each of the 4 folded lines. Clip diagonally close into the seam.
Turn through and press.
I chalked the fold lines and then stitched them with a long stitch length that can be removed later.
I then like to sew down the sides of the pockets from the bottom to the zip with a large stitch length that can be removed later. It prevents the layers from moving later on.
3 major pieces are now ready to assemble.
Flip the side piece over and starting from the bottom making 3 securing stitches and seam as close to the edge as you can ( I put the edge of the foot to the edge of the fabric with the needle position to the far right ) but still seaming all the edges inside the fold. I take a few stitches forward and back over the end of the zip and again at the top stitched edge.
The most tricky are the two closest together at the front.When they are all done pin the sides to the quilted outer. Just binding and the final zip to do now.
Part 3 and a finish coming soon.